Monday, March 06, 2006

Kirby Puckett 1960-2006

I know I have not made a post in a while, but I had to tonight.

Today was the passing of my 2nd favorite baseball player, Kirby Puckett.

It was him that made me like the Twins. Mainly because he was a player like Tony Gwynn.

Great player, great love for the game, a smile that would make you want to cheer for him even tho he wasn't playing for your team.

Today is a sad day for baseball. A life of a man that was cut way to short, just like his career. A day that everyone is getting excited for the start of the baseball season...But it just doesn't seem that big anymore.

Kirby...Thanks for the fun, thanks for the smile,and thanks for being bigger than the game. You are missed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first non-family name (mommy, daddy, uncle greggy) my nephew could say was, "Kiiiiirby Puckett".

3/09/2006 06:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home