Thursday, February 03, 2005

Lets not mince words here...

I am so fucking tired of smoking!!!!

I am so damn tired of coming home from darts or bowling smelling like someone took a shit in a full ashtray!

I am tired of sitting there trying to enjoy myself with someone's cigarette billowing into my face!!!

Here in South Dakota they were trying to pass a bill to ban smoking anywhere but homes and hotel rooms. In other words...Where ever someone is trying to work.

I was totally for this. I used to not be believing that it was their right to get cancer and be a dumbass. But now I have had it.

You sit there and listen to these morons... "Well...If people don't like the smoke then they don't have to go to that business". FUCK THEM! I like to bowl...Where is the fucking NO SMOKING section there? I don't even freaking drink when I bowl for god sakes! But they never give a shit about my discomfort by them polluting my air.

The legislature gave that same quote when they stopped the debate on making the law. Well I have one question for them... "Name me one f'n bar in Sioux Falls where I can go watch the Superbowl with friends and not have to put up with ANY smoking?". Name one and I will shut my mouth about this for the next 11 months. Guess what...They CAN'T name one because there isn't one!

Its funny how they say you should just stay home if you don't like it. But if you want them to stop smoking, that is infringing on their rights. They think nothing of our rights to go out and breath some clean air...Our right to not come home stinking (I wish smokers could tell the difference and realize that we hate being next to them)...Our right to be able to taste our food (smokers don't even know what that is).

Ok...My rant is over. I have more to say but once again...It won't do any good. But its funny that only 20% of people in this state smoke, but they get all the "rights".

Someone get my gun...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in total agreement with you here my brutha. Nothing pisses me off more than when I'm eating and someone is just puff puffing away without giving a rat's ass about who is in the area.

What's even more of an outrage is how smokers waste more time at work than anyone else. I work in a call center environment and it states in the company handbook that we are allowed a 15 min break in the morning and afternoon. Smokers here manage to take advantage of this by taking a smoke break every hour and are gone an average of 8-10 minutes. This adds up to 64-80 minutes per day, well over the 30 min allowed. We actually kept track of one worker and she took a total of 124 minutes in breaks.

I am proposing that non smokers be allowed to carry "stink in a can"...when a smoker is rude and will not move their ash tray or stop smoking when we ask, we can pull our handy spray bottle out and spray them with a skunk-style scent that will only be washed or showered. Only fair, they stink us up, so let's stink them up too!!! Copyrights go to me on this one...

Z

2/04/2005 10:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merlin my boy, it's about time you figured out that you live in a free country. Free enterprise allows individual owners to decide whether or not they will allow smoking in their establishment. If a smoke free bar will work, then open one. It surely is a sound investment since we haven't had one in Sioux Falls. Oh wait, we had Diamond Dave's. That lasted about a month, maybe two. Why do you think that none of the bars do it? It's because it's not profitable. We don't need a law telling bar or bowling alley owners to do something that they already have the power to do. When I was growing up in Idaho, all of us had the freedom to choose. That is what we are losing with all of this political B.S.

2/07/2005 09:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2/10/2005 04:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home